Alexandra F.C Football in the Community Scheme –
Coaches Code of Conduct
All coaches employed by Crewe Alexandra are
required to adhere to the following F.A. Coaches Association
(FACA) Code of Conduct ;
- Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person
and treat each equally within the context of the sport.
- Coaches must place the well-being and safety of each player above
all other considerations, including the development of performance.
- Coaches must adhere to all guidelines laid down by FACA and the
Rules of The Football Association.
- Coaches must develop an appropriate working relationship with
each player based on mutual trust and respect.
- Coaches must not exert undue influence to obtain personal benefit
- Coaches must encourage and guide players to accept responsibility
for their own behaviour and performance.
- Coaches must ensure that the activities they direct or advocate
are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of
- Coaches should, at the outset, clarify with the player (and where
appropriate, their parents/teachers ) exactly what is expected
of them and also what they are entitled to expect from their coach.
- Coaches must always promote the positive aspects of the sport
(e.g. fair play ) and never condone violations of the Laws of the
Game, behaviour contrary to the spirit of the Laws of the Game
or relevant rules and regulations or the use of prohibited substances
- Coaches must consistently display high standards of behaviour